I seem to have an old “chat” button visible in the admin area on the Plugin page. I already uninstalled the plugin after the chat feature was migrated into core.
How can we get rid of this button?
⚠️ Error loading route
Caused by plugin 'chat-c689f749bb8b9c28b199628b9e36019d51611795f0c1efcc629ebb518e3dd47e'
(this message is only shown to site administrators)
Does this show up in safe mode? It may be a theme or component?
What unofficial plugins do you have installed?
When did you last rebuild?
I haven’t rebuilt this for 2-3 weeks, but I have this issue for a much longer period already. I never bothered because it’s just an old link to where the chat settings were pre-core integration, nothing critical or anything that users would notice.
In safe mode the issue is “moved” to the red highlighted error. I do not think I ever had or have any plugin that adds a chat button there?
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-encrypt.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-adplugin.git
- git clone https://github.com/iunctis/discourse-formatting-toolbar.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-whos-online.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-solved.git
- git clone https://github.com/udan11/discourse-fingerprint.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-data-explorer.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-staff-alias.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-chat-integration.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-docs.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-calendar.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-policy
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-patreon.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-gamification
- git clone https://github.com/davidtaylorhq/discourse-category-lockdown.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-push-notifications
- git clone https://github.com/davidtaylorhq/discourse-telegram-notifications
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-automation
- git clone https://github.com/merefield/discourse-chatbot
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-ai
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-reactions
This could be a side effect though from some other plugin… what plugins do you have installed.
Just edited my prev post with the plugin dump.
I would recommend a rebuild without the unofficials and see where it gets you, then layer them back on…
I will try that.
FYI, saw this in console logs:
[PLUGIN chat-c689f749bb8b9c28b199628b9e36019d51611795f0c1efcc629ebb518e3dd47e] Error: Property set failed: object in path “custom_fields” could not be found.
Without the above not included in the build, I am getting this page on the “chat” tab, but I have no clue where it is coming from, I can add/remove several buttons by ticking/unticking the enable toggle for some plugins, but no of my official plugins actually add or remove this button.
I have another instance, where I don’t have the chat button in plugin config at all.