On categories descriptions and pinned topics

Hi guys. I encounter two … let’s say downsides, that I think are related:

1. Rules

Both Discourse instances I manage have a very short set of rules, about 150 chars. So I display this pinned topic on the home, so anyone can see.

The problem I encounter is that i’d like to display the whole post formatted, because I’d like that anyone could see rules at a glance. Either way, the height won’t increase that much (and it’s a thing that i’d like to be always visible).

Current:

Desired:

Eventually would be nice to allow setting colspan="6" and simply display unnecessary things (e.g. category, users, replies etc), like so:

2. Category

Right now there is an option to set an image for each category. This is fairly nice, but a nicer thing would be to display a text instead (which is also an extra set of rule)

For number one, sounds like you want a banner topic instead.

Actually… yes, sort of.

The difference would be that i’d like the whole thing to not be closeable and to blend in nicely in the current forum table.

Is there a way to change a global pin to a banner without first unpinning it?

Perhaps you can use a top of page customization instead, for the “global” rules thing, i.e. something similar to this?

1 Like

I couldn’t figure out how to create a Pinned topic which has description similar to this

Can someone help me out, how to do this, please? @sam a little help, please. Sorry if this is a noob question.