Orange line separating topics

Whenever I’m on the Infinite Flight Community I get a orange line inbetween the new topics. Multiple people had the issue not just me and I thought I would report it. Here is the link I made to the topic on the Infinite a Flight Community:

Here is what I mean:

4 Likes

I get that too. Not just a new feature?

1 Like

Correct, this is a new feature that shows you a line indicating the last time you visited.

7 Likes

Cool, thanks for your quick answer :smile:

1 Like

Oh lol. Thanks for the help. I thought it was a bug. That’s actually pretty neat. I’ll go tell the Infinite Fliht community :wink:

2 Likes

Is there an option to customise the colour of line in the admin panel (without CSS)? If not, I think this would be a useful option.

It’s keyed off the error color (red).

2 Likes

What about add something more self-explanatory, for example adding this that disappears after a few seconds

Because that already exists… (granted, this is being used for a different purpose)

The red line is to mimic the red line you will see in Slack that denotes new messages are below it (in Slack), but in Discourse, it denotes, new messages are above it.

Even in Slack, that blue bar rarely appears for me unless I’m gone for hours/days, as there is rarely enough messages for it to stay shown. The red line though is always there, letting me pick up where I left off.

5 Likes

Should these colours be the same? It seems to me that the line is informational and doesn’t necessarily need to stand out as much as an error.

It is keyed off, not the actual color, we lightened it a pile. It is visually very close to the same line Slack use.

Correct, this is a new feature that shows you a line indicating the last time you visited.

I don’t think a line is necessary. New Messages at top works just fine.

1 Like

Sorry, but I’m confused.

If you see a problem with this new feature or have an idea on how it might be improved, please explain/

But AFAIK “quote” has nothing to do with “the line”, please explain.

The problem with the line is it is redundant. I can see what topics are new from looking at the top for “New” or under my icon to see what others have liked, @someone, etc.

My biggest issue with this line is that it isn’t obvious what it means nor does it look very nice.

It would be nice to have the option to turn this off in settings or improve it so that it’s more self explanatory.

I believe @falco is working on this so hopefully the extra text will arrive in master soon.

3 Likes

Cheers! :beers:Does this work on mobile?

3 Likes

Now it does:

8 Likes

I visit our SketchUp forum ump-teen times a day and use the New and Unread buttons exclusively.
When I’ve read the posts I’m interested in, I dismiss the rest.

The red ‘last time visited’ line is a mystery. I haven’t noticed it move up or down, it just sits there.
What that means, I haven’t a clue.

Why add unintelligible clutter when the New and Unread notifications clearly tell the tale?

Geo
SketchUp Help Forum Sage