[PAID] Add dark theme toggle to user menu

What would you like done?

I would like to give my users the ability to override the dark mode setting manually from the user avatar dropdown menu.

The idea is to use the exact same behaviour as the “Do not Disturb” Toggle.

When do you need it done?

May 15

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

100-300 USD

3 Likes

Not in a dropdown menu. But maybe an alternative.

1 Like

As far as I am concerned, that component is outdated and doesn’t support the new dark theme feature.
Also in our use case we don’t have any extra space in our mobile header, so we prefer the user menu.

1 Like

What do you mean by overriding? We have a toggle on the header bar that allow user to switch between current theme and dark mode

1 Like

That toggle doesn’t make use of the core dark mode functionality, doesn’t it? See the corresponding topic here, the component hasn’t been updated in a while:

1 Like

No, it doesn’t make use of the dark color scheme you can set in the admin backend. It uses new css rules for it’s own dark scheme. So the name is a bit misleading, because it switches only to the Alien theme dark colors.

I’m not aware there’s a generic theme component to toggle color schemes right now. I guess it could be written similar to the Header Theme Toggle and using functions from discourse/lib/color-scheme-picker. Can’t code it myself either though :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

it’s inspired by the theme switcher and

so you can switch between whatever theme you are on and the drak theme (scheme defined in admin tool

1 Like

I am interested to take this up. Sending you a PM

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.