[PAID] Make user's own email address available to use in theme components

I want to use gumroad.com to sell memberships by embedding their buy button widget into the forum e.g. via versatile banner theme component. In order to remove any friction during checkout process, I want to prefill the user’s own email address into the embed code

For that we need to find a way to pass the user’s email address to the gumroad embed code so it’s added to the checkout process automatically. Gumroad offer a parameter to prefill the email address, see here

The code looks something like this and includes a params="email=..." parameter:

<div class="gumroad-product-embed" data-gumroad-product-id="pencil" data-gumroad-params="email=forumuser@email.com&price=10">
<a href="https://gumroad.com/l/pencil">Loading...</a></div>

Ideally, I would like to be able to use a placeholder such as {{currentUser.email}} within any HTML fields in theme components

Deadline Dec 15
Price: 100-300 USD depending on complexity of the task

2 Likes

I am interested to take this up, sending you a PM

2 Likes

I can help. I’ll send a PM.

EDIT: Turns out what he was asking and what I thought he was asking were entirely different. He wants a way to make it possible to use a handlebar placeholder anywhere in existing themes. I am not aware of a way to do that, and, as far as I can tell, neither is anyone else.

What I thought he wanted was to add the user’s email address to the current_user serializer. That can be done for the proposed budget.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.