[PAID] We want to edit the Latest and Top views to hide certain posts

What would you like done?
We would like to a plugin that we could install to keep a particular users posts (we have a bot that posts but is overwhelming the community) from appearing in the Latest & Top views IF they have no replies to them.

When do you need it done?
ASAP

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
I can offer into the hundreds. Willing to make a fair compensation.

I know we can keep categories from appearing in the top/latest view, but this wouldn’t work well for what we want to do.

Having thought myself about this exact problem, using CSS and the theme to achieve this, seems to be the way to go. @oca can probably adapt what he has done for himself (to hide groups) if he’s willing to. You just need to hide the topic from “latest” if the last poster is the defined user. When there is a reply, the last poster changes and the topic appears again.

As for “top”, it’s based on the total of likes if I’m not wrong, so shouldn’t really be a problem you need to care about.

Thanks for adding me in the conversation.

Could you confirm I have understood well, you need to hide posts:

• on a specific page (or multiple specific pages),
  • from a specific user (or multiple specific users),
  • if the number of replies is zero.

The three conditions must be true at the same time.

Would you be okay if that takes the form of a theme component ? That may even be better since different users could chose to hide or not hide by switching theme.

If everything is correct, I might have a try during the week-end or the next few days.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.