[PAID] WordPress theme + Discourse combo for a site relaunch

What would you like done?

The Digital Impact Alliance at the United Nations Foundation is looking for someone to re-theme one of their WordPress web sites at http://digitalprinciples.org/ as well as deploy a matching complementary, customized Discourse instance that will replace the currently-used Google Groups list, potentially importing content and/or users from that group. Additional details of work to be done can be found in the RFP for this project.

When do you need it done?

An RFP has been posted on 7 February 2017, and proposals are due 24 February. Work should be completed by early May. See the RFP for details.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

$30,000 has been allocated for the scope of work, as described in the RFP.

NOTE: Please see the end of the RFP to contact the project team directly with questions about any proposals which you may wish to submit, rather than asking here, if possible. (I will only be able to help in a limited manner!)

8 Likes

You might wanna split this this into two jobs:

• WordPress theme
    Strongly design-oriented

• Discourse set-up, migration & theme
    Strongly development-oriented

7 Likes

Thanks for that. I don’t necessarily disagree, and the skillset will be slightly different. I am neither the writer or the decision maker on the gig, unfortunately. :slight_smile: That said, I do predict (from experience) that there probably wouldn’t be much if any development work needed on the Discourse side – only UI-based customization plus CSS, maybe plugin installation, so (hopefully) the needed skills will be at least somewhat similar. :crystal_ball:

4 Likes

I haven’t looked too deep but I assume you need some sort of formal proposal for this? The core of my business is custom WordPress sites and plugins.

4 Likes

Yes, they want to review bids, so will need something drafted up. See the end of the PDF linked in the lead post above for details on format and a person to ask about any formatting or detail questions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.