Patreon and WordPress SSO

Discourse, Wordpress and Patreon integration

Hi there, I’ve had a wordpress site for several year but I’m new new to both Discourse and Patreon. I LOVE what I’ve learnt so far about Discourse!

What I’d like to do is have Discourse as the forum on my Wordpress site (or at least a link to it there). Then I’d like to give my new Patreon patrons automatic access to this forum. AND I’d also like to be able to give people who have not signed up to Patreon access to some (more limited) areas of the Discourse Forum.

Can someone please tell me if this is possible? And if so the best way to achieve this?

Thanks v much in advance!

PS, I should probably add, I’m clueless about coding!

@VerticalVeg, that’s exactly what our discourse-patreon plugin is doing. Install the plugin and follow the instructions from OP. That’s all you need to do. Let us know if you face any issues.

2 Likes

Thanks Vinoth, that is great - so just to confirm, the plugin offers the flexibility for non Patreons to join the community as well?

And, in the situation I describe, is it best to get people to login through Discourse or Wordpress (if I understand from what I’ve read, these are the two options)?

1 Like

Yes. you’re correct. You can allow non-Patreon users in forum. And you can use either Discourse or WordPress login and sync users using SSO.

You can find more about WordPress integration here #support:wordpress.

3 Likes