Personal Message Bubbles

Here is an old post of what his script did.

This includes a link to script source.

Ah, got it. If anyone else is wondering why they can’t find the setting for it in the admin console its because it has only just been added in the most recent release: 2.8.0.beta4

1 Like

Since the last update, I’ve noticed that the bubbles are misaligned.

I’m not able to replicate this here on meta. Looks like you have a custom theme?

Only the background is custom. I do have other theme components.

None of these affect personal messaging or styling.

And my plugins:

Try it in safe mode to see if you can get it working without your theme components and unofficial plugins.

@AntiMetaman I believe personal message bubbles are now a core feature. What happens when you disable the personal message bubble theme component?

5 Likes

After disabling it, it works. I can see the bubbles. So I guess what was happening is that it was overlaying another bubble on top of the first one since it is part of core feature.

4 Likes

Yes same thing for me…thanks so much for brining this up. Our message bubbles had been misaligned ever since it became a core feature. I didnt know what caused it. Based on @JammyDodger suggestion, I just switched off the message bubble theme and it solved the problem, all bubbles are perfectly aligned again.
Such an easy fix, should have tried that earlier. Thanks for bringing it up and the quick fix from the team.

5 Likes