Personal topic pinning

Hi,

I wanted to suggest the ability for users to pin topics just for themselves. There are certain topics I follow regularly and bookmarks just don’t cut it. I’d like access to them at the top of my feed.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Would tracking help at all? The “Watching” option for example will notify you whenever a topic gets responses.

Is it important for you to “see” bookmarked topics more easily, even if there isn’t new activity in them?

2 Likes

Not really because I don’t want a million notifications either :confused:
Just looking for a way to get quick access to my favorite threads without being flooded with notifications.

That really sounds like bookmarks. Does the “topic list” bookmarks UX work better for you? Try typing g followed by b.

8 Likes

ah right, you could also add it to the top menu setting (downside being that you’d enable it for all users, and the link appears even if you have zero bookmarks)

7 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions :+1:

Hi, I wanted to jump into this conversation.

Back when this was suggested by @VegasVed, did the ability for users to unpin global topics exist? Since that exists (now at least), it doesn’t seem like a huge leap to allows users to pin topics for themselves as well. So I just wanted to check in and see if anything has changed since the original suggestion/responses were posted.

No, as stated above, bookmarks already exist, and that is exactly what bookmarks do.

1 Like