PM Dropdown Button

:discourse2: Summary PM Dropdown Button adds a New Message button to the PM notification dropdown menu in the site header.
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository Link https://github.com/discourse/discourse-pm-dropdown-button
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginnerā€™s guide to using Discourse Themes

Install this theme component

25 Likes

Oh lord, this is awesome! In my opinion, the double-click method currently in place isnā€™t intuitive, some members donā€™t know how to access their inboxes (speaking of the double click).

4 Likes

Thank you! This is useful.

This componen isnā€™t working anymore because of new notification menu and sidebar, right?

1 Like

yes, not working on the new menus. but works if you disable the new menus.

2 Likes

Thanks. So this is part of legacy tools and will on its end-of-life cycle. Well, the sidebar make this a bit unnecessary.

Kind of. I feel it would be nice add-on in new layout too :wink:

1 Like

yea it would be good to have it. :smiley:

Hi there @awesomerobot,

I noticed the theme component doesnā€™t work with the new notification menu (see image below).

Maybe an update to this component is in order? Or maybe there is another way to create a new PM in the new notification menu that I have yet to find out?

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning it! Iā€™ve just added support for the new user menu:

This is dependent on a change within Discourse, so youā€™ll also need a Discourse upgrade for it to work: DEV: add panel-body-bottom outlet to user menu by awesomerobot Ā· Pull Request #21386 Ā· discourse/discourse Ā· GitHub

4 Likes