PM notifications not working consistently

Initially detected on TDWTF but repro here.

Profile:

PM list:

Notifications:

Didn’t have a browser open here at all between flagging and coming back to check.

Have only noticed this on TDWTF since beta 4 but may have been more recent than that.

More examples which show the inconsistency here:

3 Likes

What is your tracking status on that PM ?

@zogstrip did you add a recent suppression here?

If it helps, it’s not just flag PMs. See the link above.
I was in a PM thread where I got no notification for the OP or the first reply, then I made the second reply, then got a notification for the third.

Note that if you add people to a PM after the fact it will not work right since that person is (incorrectly) added with a state of tracking instead of watching. This is a known issue.

Also the first post here is not clear to me. What are the exact repro steps?

For those - it was just flag a post. When @sam dealt with it and the response was sent in a PM, there was no notification.

As for repro around actual PM threads started by users manually - I’m not sure, there doesn’t seem to be any real consistency there.

Oh I see, so the automatic flag handling responses, which post standard replies to the “flag as PM” topics based on the button the mod/admin clicks to deal with the flag, are not generating notifications. I agree, something for @zogstrip to look at.

Thanks @loopback0 for reporting that issue. I just pushed a fix :cow2:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/eec1921ba9a99198d64ede4c7ddfed85505cb45b

3 Likes