Poll won't work?

When I build a poll, and press the settings button to have more options like allowing me to see who voted, it doesn’t let me, and says this instead.

What am I doing wrong?
As you can see there’s plenty of options and they show up normally in the preview

Your poll options look good :thinking: And I just tested it in my site and the feature is working correctly.

What happens if you try to create the poll manually using markdown?

For example:

[poll type=multiple results=always min=1 max=3 public=true chartType=bar groups=Discourse,Test]
# My amazing multi choice poll
* Option1
* Option 2
* Option 3
[/poll]

More options here: How to Create Polls

3 Likes

The “Poll must have different options” error message is displayed if you have added the same option twice in a poll. For example, if your poll had two entries for “Great friend”, the error message would be displayed.

2 Likes

yeah, this was it, thank you :slight_smile:
I pasted the same option without realizing

2 Likes

The reason I knew the answer is because I recently helped someone with a similar issue. In that case, we were both confused by the meaning of the error message. I wonder if the error message could be improved to make it more obvious what the cause of the issue is?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’d be nice if it said “duplicate option exists” or something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.