Post saved succesfully before image uploading process completed

Hi,

today an user tried creating a post with an image and probably user pushed the create post button before the image uploading process completed but post saved successfully.

2 Likes

Hey OP, is it cool with you if I send you a Message about this?

I… have a suspicion that I’d like to raise with you, but I think it would be unfair of me to suggest such publicly. It would potentially explain how this happened without Discourse’s UI having a bug.

2 Likes

The ‘reply’ button should be inactive/greyed out while the images are uploading. Is this something you can test yourself on your site and see if it’s working as expected?

The only way I could replicate this so far is if I manually edited the uploading text before the image has finished processing. Could this be user error in that way rather than a bug?

2 Likes

hım,

yes maybe this happened.

Thank you.

2 Likes

it ok for me.

thanks

1 Like

No worries. :slight_smile: I’ve slipped this topic over to support, but if it happens again we can investigate further. :+1:

4 Likes

This happens often in my forum (3.3.0.beta3-dev). The post is made before the images are uploaded/processed - I’d love to have a solution that can prevent a reply before the images are uploaded. I suspect these come from a mobile phone on a cellular network, but I’m not sure.