Problem with google auth using Chrome on iPad?

(Jay Pfaffman) #1

I tried to create an account on stonehearth and another site today with google. On both sites, after I authenticated I got a screen with

Authentication is complete. Close this window to continue.

Stonehearth Discourse was the URL.

I had accounts on neither site, so perhaps that’s related. I tried to replicate on try, but chose to create an account rather than try to log in without one, and that worked just fine.

(Sam Saffron) #2

@eviltrout I wonder if this is somehow related to your recent fix.

@pfaffman did you create the account on your mobile phone or on a desktop? What browser are you using?

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

Chrome on iOS iPad mini, hence the lack of better description.

(Sam Saffron) #4

@eviltrout this could be “full screen” login, cause really we should be using that on iPad (if we are now we should anyway)

(Jay Pfaffman) #5

It’s an iPad mini, which I think few people use. I think that it sometimes gets treated as a desktop and sometimes a mobile, since it’s between those sizes.

When I returned to stonehearth on desktop, it properly redirected to get me to create the account.

(Sam Saffron) #6

iPad mini and iPad maxi should always use full screen for auth, it just don’t work right on iOS otherwise.

(Robin Ward) #7

Do you know what your user agent is? If it’s iOS it should match /iPad|iPhone|iPod/ and get the full screen login. I’m not sure what chrome uses but maybe it thinks you’re a desktop.

(Jay Pfaffman) #8
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 10_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.1.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/58.0.3029.113 Mobile/14E304 Safari/602.1

(Robin Ward) #9

In that case I have no idea why you wouldn’t get the full screen login every time. Did you force it into desktop mode somehow?

edit: I did see the detection line makes sure window.MSStream is not present. Maybe Chrome on iOS fills that in?

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #10

Chrome on iOS with Request Desktop Site feature omits iPad from the user agent.

(Jay Pfaffman) #11

I didn’t request desktop site.

I think this is not a very popular device. Would you like me do do anything else to help debug?

I think the problem exists only when you try to log in wth google and don’t already have an account.