Problems replacing the ❤ icon in Reactions

I found that worked for me in a component

but I have pink beer, if you get it to show can you help fix the color?

I had this going

.discourse-reactions-actions.has-reacted.has-used-main-reaction .discourse-reactions-reaction-button .reaction-button .d-icon {color: #ffd000;}

but think it was responsible for a bug this morning

Color may be good without pasting images bug, script helped?

Anyhow the hover color is still pink

hover

and shouldn’t reactions (on the far left) have color also?

Did I cause those to be grayed out?

Did you enable discourse reactions desaturated reaction panel? That setting removes the color.

Why don’t you change the color for ‘love’ in your color scheme?

1 Like

I think this does correct?

uh ohh… its that simple?

I ahh, uhh, well, never look much at the UI :blush:

I’ll do that and remove my css

I did do that, haven’t tested but bet it works, question, will that change other non beer related love items elsewhere, make them look odd as yellow?

If you want the reaction on the left without color, then leave it enabled. When I read:

I thought you wanted it colored. Therefore, you have to disable the setting.

2 Likes

ok thank you, I understood that different, unchecked and now those are color

So I think all is good now so long as the love color is only related to likes ?

I would like that plus one replaced with beer but its strongly recommended not to and I broke enough already on this, plus the :+1: is grayed out

will it break something to modify?

I wasn’t sure when or where but suspected I’d see the general love color change come up somewhere else, this user profile instance is not bad as I can likely change the icon to beer

Not sure @JammyDodger splitting this as/where you did is a help especially with the title chosen, the problem was solved in the previous thread but the color was not addressed specifically to a change, beer is but one example with yellow as an example, I’m still doubting love color is a good one size fits all solution.

@Tris20 do you use beer and did you address color other than the general love setting?