Problems with upgrading from 3.3.0-beta2-dev to 3.3.0-beta2

I was prompted to do the upgrade on the Administration page. First I had to upgrade the docker_manager, so I did it from the web UI. After doing so i got the following message:

Updates via the web UI are disabled until you run the latest image. To do so log in to your server using SSH and run:

cd /var/discourse
    git pull
    ./launcher rebuild app

So, I followed the instruction and ran the upgrade from CLI (SSH). My forum did not start (I was unable to open the site) after that even though I did not see any critical errors during the upgrade. I did it twice – same result. Fortunately I made a snapshot of the VM the forum is running on.

Did anybody succeed with that?

Can you try again and share the log here if it still doesn’t work?

1 Like

I am going to try again on Saturday early morning when my forum users are in deep sleep after the Friday parties :wink:

Please remind me the path to the log you are referring to. Thanks!

1 Like

I was referring to the output of the rebuild command to see if we miss something in the rebuild process. :+1:

EDIT: For anyone reading, As Jammy noted below, please always remove any sensitive details.

1 Like

Oh, I see. Here it is.

edited

It would be better if you could share one without your password or other sensitive details in.

(You may also want to consider changing your current ones)

2 Likes

Thanks! Stupid of mine!
I think I removed all sensitive information and changed my password.

Thanks again!
rebuild_app_output2.txt (159.7 KB)

I think I know what it is… This is about SSL certs.
When I was installing Discourse I was not able to finish it because the Lets Encrypt certs based on HTTP challenge could not be created. So, as I have my domain registered at Cloudflare – I manually created the certs with the DNS challenge. And it worked fine until I had to rebuild the app.

Now I need to update my app.yml file with the correct values for this purpose (requesting the LE certs with Clouldflare).

Where can I find a full documentation on app.yml ?