Dear Discourse Community,
I filed a bug for Firefox for Android as I have an issue with the Progressive Web App (PWA) for meta.discourse.org. I cannot reproduce the issue on Google Chrome.
Now I need your help:
- Please comment on this topic, if you feel that the issue is related to Discourse and not Firefox for Android.
- Please comment on the bug report for FIrefox for Android to help the folks at Mozilla to narrow down the bug. It already helps a lot if you can reproduce the bug and let them know.
Here is my bug report, copied below for your reference:
Steps to reproduce
Install the PWA for meta.discourse.org (no login required) by opening the page in Firefox for Android and pressing “Install” in the three-dots-menu. Use the PWA for a little while. Do something else on the phone, lock the phone, wait > 1 h. Open the PWA by tapping its icon.
The PWA should open.
A black screen is displayed.
- The PWA works on Google Chrome with no issue after inactivity.
- I disabled battery optimization for Firefox with no luck.
- Device vendor / model and Android version: Samsung Galaxy S9, Android 10, One-UI 2.5
- Firefox for Android version: 87.0.0-rc.1