Quotes that contain date/time?

From initial tests, if I link a topic in a new post in a way that creates a preview box, and the linked topic has a date/time, the preview won’t include the time-zone adjusted time…

2 Likes

love the local time feature, but wanted to point out that when someone replies or copy pastes something that contains local time, it loses the code and simply puts it in as if that’s what was written:

we’ve had a few instances where the “new” quoted time was seen as the ‘right’ local time, when of course, it’s not, unless you live in the same place as the quoter.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s pesky. Will move to #bug for visibility although prob isn’t really a bug. Let’s see what @sam reckons we can do.

5 Likes

I too would love to see this fixed.

The fix is sadly very very complicated (we need to convert HTML → BBCode and do not have logic for that at the moment). I am confident we can swing it some time in the next few months.

Adding this to the list of things to do so it is not lost.

7 Likes

you and the team are truly spectacular

thanks

4 Likes

Thank you Seth :chocolate_bar:

4 Likes

I’ve just merged a fix for this today, this makes it so quoting single and ranges of local dates works correctly:

We should have it deployed to your sites over the next couple of days.

6 Likes

you never cease to amaze

you beat expectations and then beat them again

thank you

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.