Redis not able to persist to disk while running import?

I’m running an importer that I’ve written and get an error complaining about Redis. I’ve never seen this. I’ve not had a chance to look more closely at the message yet for clues there. Any ideas on this?

This is on a development instance.

228021 / 944571 ( 24.1%)  [732 items/min]  Exception while creating post comment#276417. Skipping.
MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled. Please check Redis logs for details about the error.
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/redis-3.3.3/lib/redis/client.rb:121:in `call'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/redis-3.3.3/lib/redis.rb:494:in `block in del'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/redis-3.3.3/lib/redis.rb:58:in `block in synchronize'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/2.3.0/monitor.rb:214:in `mon_synchronize'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/redis-3.3.3/lib/redis.rb:58:in `synchronize'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/redis-3.3.3/lib/redis.rb:493:in `del'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/lib/discourse_redis.rb:192:in `block in del'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/lib/discourse_redis.rb:146:in `ignore_readonly'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/lib/discourse_redis.rb:190:in `del'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/lib/distributed_mutex.rb:24:in `ensure in synchronize'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/lib/distributed_mutex.rb:25:in `synchronize'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/lib/distributed_mutex.rb:5:in `synchronize'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/lib/post_creator.rb:297:in `block in transaction'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activerecord-4.2.8/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:213:in `block in transaction'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activerecord-4.2.8/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/transaction.rb:184:in `within_new_transaction'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activerecord-4.2.8/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:213:in `transaction'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/activerecord-4.2.8/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:220:in `transaction'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/lib/post_creator.rb:291:in `transaction'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/lib/post_creator.rb:140:in `create'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:491:in `create_post'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:444:in `block in create_posts'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/rack-mini-profiler-0.10.5/lib/patches/db/mysql2.rb:6:in `each'
/home/pfaffman/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/rack-mini-profiler-0.10.5/lib/patches/db/mysql2.rb:6:in `each'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:431:in `create_posts'
script/import_scripts/ipboard.rb:747:in `block in import_posts'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:784:in `block in batches'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:783:in `loop'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:783:in `batches'
script/import_scripts/ipboard.rb:725:in `import_posts'
script/import_scripts/ipboard.rb:145:in `execute'
/home/pfaffman/src/discourse/script/import_scripts/base.rb:45:in `perform'
script/import_scripts/ipboard.rb:995:in `<main>'

I have seen this when I was out of disk space …

2 Likes

Thanks, @sam! I thought that might be it, and thought I’d checked. Between df reporting a bunch of things that aren’t disks and my having multiple partitions I didn’t notice that / was almost full. (Trying to read df -h on my phone didn’t make it any easier!).

Many thanks.