Regarding the installation - docker

Good morning.
I have an experience of ruby on rails for 4 months.I have no knowledge of docker.Hence I would like to know if developers who want to contribute can install using docker?
1.I have been facing a problem with aufs and I have resolved it commenting. is it fine without aufs in mac?
2.I am trying to make the docker container in other place (/users/kartheek/docker/discouse_docker/). Its gettting rejected even after changing the file preferences (docker).

Can you please help me out.

Thanks and regards.

If you want to install a development environment, did you follow this guide?

2 Likes

Is it possible to develop using discourse_docker? I wanted to try and make it into a different environment as a whole.

Thanks.

I don’t know how much it is possible. But development environment which mentioned by @pfaffman is officially recommended and easier method to contribute.

1 Like

Good morning,
I am able to understand slowly. But if it is cloning discourse/discourse.git, which version of discourse is being used ? Is it the git version? or some released version?

Thanks.

If it’s a development configuration, it’ll get the most recent commits. (Not a released version unless you use git to switch to that commit).

1 Like