Registration without email verification

How to remove verification via email? It only hinders me from raising the forum, I don’t need “protection” from spam. I didn’t find a good answer to this question

The easiest way to make your site a spam source (anyone can cause anyone else to receive email they don’t want–this happens to people I know with some frequency) and target (you don’t know that the people who are logging in even have an email address) as you desire is to use some other authentication system, like Wordpress, and make it be the DiscourseConnect server. You can configure WordPress not to validate email addresses and add some code to your functions.php that will tell Discourse that the email addresses have been validated (See “Remove the require_activation flag” in the link below).

See Configure single sign-on (SSO) with WP Discourse and DiscourseConnect

4 Likes

And Jay’s way means it will be higher hinder than email validation — and that’s good.

As Jay said the most important meaning of validation is not fight against spam, but protect people that aren’t part of a forum.

And there is another point. When those unwanted mails starts come from a forum that forum is quite fast banned from everywhere, not that false user. So… it protects forum not to be another spam relay.

We have here a plugin that allow answering with email only and without registration. I would like to use it, but because it isn’t validating receiver I just can’t use it as an admin. Such system is so unlegal wide almost all sivilized world.

2 Likes