Remove Google AdSense anchor ad on mobile

Hey friends,

I’ve been running ads on my Discourse install successfully for like two hours now so I’m very happy. I’ve got a problem, tho.

I’ve set up ads using AdSense. Everything seems to be working (excerpt for some ads that are not loading sometimes), but when navigating on the mobile version of the forum, I see this horrible anchor ad (that’s the name of it according to Google AdSense documentation) on top/bottom of my screen. I hate it, it’s visually much too intrusive.

:arrow_up: I don’t want this thing saying “Message de votre Ange Gardien” on my forum.

Any idea of how to take this sticky ad off ?

1 Like

My nice and reliable friend helped me solving this (yes that was pretty fast <3).

Just go on google.com/adsense, then in Ads > Overview, click on Edit on the site you’re wanting to fix, and turn off AUTO ADS.

Changes can take some time to propagate on the website (it fooled me more than once).

Sorry for causing trouble :content: have a nice daayyy~~

5 Likes

You can add
overlays: {bottom: false}
In your Adsense script.

4 Likes

Oh, interesting !

I’m using the built-in AdSense module so it’s not how it works for me, tho.

But eh, thanks c:

3 Likes

How to off ads on our website for sometimes?

Is there any way to get anchor ads to work with discourse? Ran an experiment in Google Adsense and it would boost my revenue by 50% but it’s overlaying the reply button and other glitchy behavior that is annoying users so i had to disable it.