Reply as new message to same recipients

pr-welcome

(Tobias Eigen) #1

I am at a learning exchange in Tanzania for which I created a private message thread for participants to discuss various internal, private aspects of the exchange. They don’t warrant topics and I also don’t want to create a group for these people because I don’t like the way through messaging works for this audience and this is a short-term grouping anyway. It’s going really well however I am finding that the discussion is going in many directions and I would like to be able to start new messages just like I would with the start a new topic future. Would it be possible for you to add a reply as new message to same recipients link just as we now have the replies new topic link? Splitting messages would also be helpful.

Refresh needed to update message participants after removal of group
Unable to paste in a list of message recipients, hard to write to groups of people privately
Disappearing "continuing the discussion from" drafts
(Sam Saffron) #2

Sure, this button can be “New Message” in the context of a PM and pre populate the target user list

(Leo McArdle) #3

I’m working on this at the moment, in case anyone is looking through #pr-welcome for things to do.

(Leo McArdle) #4

I just submitted a PR for this feature - feedback is very welcome once you’ve all finished digesting your turkey and gotten tired of the in-laws.

The way it handles drafts is a bit buggy, but is the same as how the similar feature for topics handles them currently, and I think going forward that behaviour should be fixed for both of them together. I’m prepared to do this - but I need to know how drafts ideally should be handled in this instance.

(Alan Tan) #5

Thanks @LeoMcA :thumbsup: I just merged in your PR.

(Tobias Eigen) #6

w00t! :slight_smile: so glad to see this in. many thanks.