Reply by email badge should be hidden when email replies are turned off

We’ve just had some confusion with a user seeing the “First Reply by Email” badge on our forum and concluded that he could reply to the emails he receives from the forum (though we still have it furbed off). When he tried he got an error message and subsequently raised the issue on the forum.

Maybe that badge should not be shown as long as reply by email is off?

How did he get the badge if it is turned off, e.g. how did he manage to reply via email if it is not set up?

I think it’s that they saw the badge and wanted it,so they tried to rely by email to get it.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be able to succeed in getting the badge unless you succeed in replying via email so the whole situation is very curious to me.

It’s not that he succeeded in getting the badge. It’s that he saw the unattainable badge and really, really wanted it, and was very sad and confused that such an enticing badge was offered to him, but was cruelly offered as a valuable prize and reward that was, in fact, unavailable.

3 Likes

Why not make your user happy and turn on reply-by-email? “Gotta catch 'em all” ain’t just for pokemon.

2 Likes

I’m only mod on that site, not admin, so I can’t do it (sent him instructions though). But the point here is not that site anyway and neither is it a big deal. I just wanted to let you know about this little, lets say, inconsistency :slight_smile:

3 Likes