Required * should be next to all required fields in sign up form

On my sign up form, only Age shows a required * symbol. However, the email, username, name, and password are all required as well in my form. I suggest the required * symbol show up on these fields as well because right now, it’s confusing why I’m not able to create an account.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re right. It’s confusing that we’re not consistent between default fields and custom fields here. Let’s fix this.

6 Likes

I am not sure I agree with this. In the default form only one field is optional, and it says so, so adding an asterisk to every other field is kinda noisy. I would be opposed to this change.

Having it happen only when there are other custom required user fields is an option, but feels like a lot of engineering work without a paying customer to underwrite that work. We have a lot on our plate right now.

1 Like

I agree that it’s not necessary by default because it’s a short form, but it’s bad that we do two different things when custom fields are present. We do already have a class in there when custom fields are present, so I think it’s an easy change to show asterisks for all required fields in that case.

6 Likes