Restoring a snapshotted instance

I’ve just transferred a snapshot to another account, created a droplet from it, and pointed the same domain to the new ip address. When visiting the address is get the “ERR_CONNECTION_RESET” error

It looks likes there are no files in the droplet:

Obviously I’m missing something but I don’t know what, and this post is all I can find in the forum. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Assuming this is a standard install and uses /var/discourse rather than a third party package which we can’t support here, there’s either an issue with the original snapshot, or how it was restored. I do this pretty regularly and have never had a folder vanish.

Either way it’s a question for Digital Ocean support, it relates to your VPS and their snapshotting, not Discourse.

2 Likes

Did you find out anything more about this?
I’ve got the same issue but I want to add that it’s likely all of your files are in a slightly different location to what you’re expecting.
You need to go up one level from root and then everything is where you’d expect it.
Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening?
I’m trying to restore from a snapshot and am confused as to why this might have happened and what to do about it.
The site is completely inaccessible which presumably is for this reason.

Any advice much appreciated!