Unable to see the Text Box on the Composer after update to 2.6.0.beta2

New post just to inform that, if I remove the Mod Status to a Mod User (that has this bug), after refreshing the page they will be able to write without issue, the box will appear. Which confirms that the issue only happens to Mods and Admins.

But I’ve been combing down my plugins, also tried the ?safe_mode=only_official mode and it doesn’t change, only happens to Mods/Admins.

Now, this is the fun part, while I was writing the lines above it came to me that “the only difference is with Admin/Mods but you guys don’t have this issue on Meta, so it has to be something very specific to my setting”. And then I theorized, even though the “Safe Mode” disables the plugins it doesn’t disable the Theme Component.

So I tried and it confirms, the thing that was causing the issue was the Restrict Uploads Theme Component (ironically the Mods/Admins can upload, so their bar isn’t affected but it doesn’t load, for some reason).

Summing up:

• Regarding the original issue: Seems to be related to the behavior that @awesomerobot described as it fixed itself “with time” (although not immediately by doing those commands, I should note).

• I had a different issue regarding the text boxes and it was related to the Restrict Uploads Theme Component by @tshenry

Can someone please confirm before I post on the Theme Component Topic?

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Update to 2.6.0.beta2
  2. Install the Restrict Uploads Theme Component
  3. Log in with a Moderator or an Admin
  4. Try to do any post (New Topic, Reply, PM).

Behaviors to note:

• Wheter it is replying or creating a new topic, the popup editor appears but with no text box.
  • The Title Text Box (in case of a new topic) appears and you can write on it.
  • The dropdowns (category, etc) appear but they don’t seem to work.
  • Happens on both Mobile and Desktop.
  • It happens on incognito windows and with hard refreshes.
  • Happens with Chrome and Firefox latests versions (not nightbuilds).
  • Wheter it is replying or creating a new topic, the popup editor appears but with no text box.

Console Errors

Chrome : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'authorized_extensions' of undefined
FireFox : Uncaught TypeError: t is undefined

2 Likes