"Review" disappeared from top-level menu

On a forum where I moderate the “Review” entry has disappeared from the top-level menu. Only the indicator icon is displayed. The forum is ‘up-to-date’ and running 2.9.0.beta4 ( c81d4597a7 ). Without the menu it would be guesswork where the issues occurred, but luckily browsing to /review URL still works to enter the Review UI.

Screenshot from 2022-06-07 15-52-05

Admin couldn’t find any issue, suggesting it is a bug. And I checked in another forum where I’m admin, seeing no Settings that could have removed the entry.

From that version number it seems you last updated in April, so updating to Latest from your /admin/upgrade page may be worth a shot.

I can see the Review option in my hamburger menu here, and on my test site, so I’m thinking you may have a theme or plugin that’s having an effect? Does the Review option also disappear in safe mode?

1 Like

Thank you. I am just a moderator on that forum, so I will transfer this comment to someone who can check.

You should be able to check safe mode for yourself by appending /safe-mode to the end of the forum address (eg meta.discourse.org/safe-mode) if you want to see what it’s like from your login?

1 Like

TIL :slight_smile: In safe-mode too the “Review” entry is missing. PS. This is the forum this refers to, and in /admin it gives the green smiley emoji of “You’re up to date!”.

1 Like

The green smiley can be tricksy. :slightly_smiling_face: That means you’re on the latest version (2.9.0.beta4), but if you’re on ‘test-passed’ (the default Discourse branch in a standard install) you/an admin can check to see if there are any fresh commits in between versions by clicking on the ‘Perform upgrades here’ link (which takes you to the /admin/upgrade page), and update to the latest commit from there (though some forums do follow the Stable or Beta branches, and will update according to their respective schedules instead).

I’m not sure if updating will help us narrow down the issue in your case, but it’s one of the first things to suggest as it can save a bit of time if it does magically fix it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again. Will forward that.

2 Likes