Review UX feedback

How that I’ve found the review queue, I have some feedback

• In scrolling through the [Flag] Approved list, I find that my colleagues have been doing a lot more review than I was aware of. Some of them delete the spammer account (awesome!) and some of them simply approve the flag (that’s cool too). I would like to make sure the accounts are deleted/blocked, but the presentation isn’t conducive to that. Since it’s full-detail, this means a lot of scrolling to find the accounts I want to delete. A compact list, similar to New, Latest &etc would be useful. Either that or a way to see a list of spammer alleged accounts, probably with all the (user deleted) instances collapsed, would be helpful.
  • for some of the ‘flag rejected’ posts I’d like to understand why they were flagged in the first place. When I click the ?, what I see is entirely opaque to me:
    Selection_773
  • since review is an admin function at least as important as Customize, I kinda expected it to be found in the Admin interface instead of hidden (by default) under ‘More’ in the hamburger menu
  • I also have 0 understanding of the review settings, & the interface doesn’t help me:
    Selection_776
  • the indicators on a flagged post are confusing
    Selection_777
    Let’s pretend I’m not the one who reviewed the flag on this one. My questions would be:
    • did the reviewer reject the post (i.e. confirm the flag) or reject the flag?
    • ‘system 97% :-1:’ means… System is wrong 97% of the time? System gives a :-1: to 97% of posts?
8 Likes

Honestly, this is great. :slight_smile: Thank you for this. :pray: There are a couple of redesign proposals for those screens in the pipeline that may help, but also a couple of other points you mention that we may be able to do something about too. :crossed_fingers:

I’ll also cross post the bit about moving the moderation history into the flag modal too :+1:

3 Likes

This is something that annoys me personally as it’s not obvious that clicking the flag count as a mod/admin takes you to that post’s flag(s) in the queue.

3 Likes

I did not know that. That is quite a subtle one. I’ve been using the post wrench this whole time like a chump. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I only found it by pure chance because I was trying to reflag a post on the NaNoWriMo forums using my phone and accidentally tapped the count.

2 Likes