Review with reason

:information_source: Summary This topic component allows you to require fill in the reason for the action when a moderator review
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository https://github.com/Lhcfl/review-with-reason
:question: Install Guide How to install a theme or theme component
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginner’s guide to using Discourse Themes

Install this theme component

This component allows/requires moderators to fill in the reason for the operation when review, and then log it in a topic.

:warning: Note that the topic must be visible to all people who are eligible to review, otherwise the review will fail! Please check the configuration part before installing.

Screenshots

Reviewing

Logger topic

More examples

Configuration

:warning: IMPORTANT For any settings including “logger_topic_id”:

logger_topic_id is the topic used to log the reason.

• Required: The topic must have write permissions for the reviewers (moderators and category moderators), otherwise the review will fail.
  • Strongly recommended: This topic should not be visible to other people, unless hide_reviewable_user_email and hide_reviewable_details are set to true, because it will directly record the email address of the user to be approved, and the reporter of flagged posts.

Settings:

• logger_topic_id: Global logger_topic_id

• allow_no_reason: When on, reviewers can skip providing a reason. Otherwise they must enter a reason.

• max_length_raw: Maximum length of a quote in the autolog post

• skip_for_categories: For these categories, skip the requirement to explain reason

• logger_topic_id_override_for_catrgories and logger_topic_id_override_for_reviewable_type: For these cases, override logger_topic_id. For example, as only moderators can review users, you can set up a dedicated logger_topic for this type.

• hide_reviewable_details: Hide details of reviewable entries in the log, usually are who reported, when, and why.

• hide_reviewable_user_email: Hide the email of the reviewable user in the log

• hide_reviewable_user_fields: Names of the user fields to hide for reviewable users in the log

10 Likes

This is an awesome theme component. Nice work @Lhc_fl :smiley: :clap:

4 Likes

Very cool TC. Since only full mods & admin can approve new users.

Would it be possible to have Approve new user system flags routed to a seperate topic?

As probably not a good idea to share category topic with non staff.
At least depending on how a site chooses category mods.

1 Like

Good suggestion! The theme component has been updated and this can now be done with logger_topic_id_override_for_reviewable_type: ReviewableUser=>topic_id

3 Likes

Is it possible to allow special groups?

I don’t quite understand this sentence, what does it mean to allow special groups?

1 Like

I’m sorry, let me correct myself.
Is it possible to allow groups or TLs to have access to this as well? For example, trusted users like TL4s.

If you mean the logger topic… yes, it only has the requirement that the auditor should have write permission to it. It can be seen by any group you want, the only thing you need to worry about is leaking informations you think shouldn’t be seen

4 Likes

Additionally, is it possible to allow other users instead of Moderators to add a reason? Category mods could be them.
(I’m sorry if I just repeated myself)

1 Like

As long as /review is accessible to the user, it will allow giving reasons in the review

4 Likes