RSS Observations

I love that .rss and .json extensions can be added to some Discourse URLs to turn the page into a RSS news feed or json data.

Three Observations:

1. Topic feeds. The .RSS feed for a specific topic lists the same topic title for each post. Given that RSS readers tend to use the title as a heading, the topic feed ends up being listed as:

This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title. This is my topic title.

To differentiate items more, you could list the titles in topic rss feeds as: [Post #N] : [Posters name]

2. Alerts. There is no RSS feed for alerts / notifications.

3. Flags. There’s no RSS feed for flags eg: active flags.

3 Likes

I was just looking for this. Is it possible to subscribe to a feed of my own notifications?

1 Like

I’d also like to subscribe to
rss feed for notifications. This would allow me to track my own actions via rss, which is what Github does.
This could allow me to add others to my notifications RSS with follow plugin.

RSS feels a bit dead to me, what do you think @eviltrout @sam?

On the other hand it could not hurt I guess.

2 Likes

We discussed the enabling work with @Falco and @david

That is a blocker on us supporting notifications as rss feeds, once that is done adding this will be trivial.

4 Likes