This plugin allows you to follow other users, list the latest topics involving them and receive notifications when they post.
“Follow” toggle in the user’s profile and user card.
New profile tab (“Network”) listing:
- Users you’re following
- Users following you
New profile statistics (listed on the profile and user card), toggled by a site setting:
- Number of users you’re following
- Number of users following you
Topic List . If you follow other users you see a topic list with the latest activity of users you are following. This topic list will have all the same functionality as other Discourse topic lists.
Notifications . Notifications for activity of users you follow are similar in structure to following a category:
Notifications are triggered when:
- A user you’re following creates a new topic
- A user you’re following replies
- A user follows you
Initially there is only one notification level, akin to “Watching” a category, which includes all of the above triggers. More notification levels, in particular “Watching First Post” (i.e. only 1 & 3) will soon be added.
- An in-app notification
- An email, according to the user’s email settings
- A push notification, according to the user’s push notification settings