Search by Partial IP on Admin > Users pages

So we finally upgraded to 1.2.0-beta4 on our Production instance and are really confused with the moderation area.

It seems that IP searches are not capable of doing partial matches. So we still can’t find patterns across new registers.

I’ve tried several different inputs, all return “No results found.” Can we get this to perform partial searches as well?

And before we go to “you can export the data”, nope! Still doesn’t work on our instance. I never get the confirmation modal that would actually queue the job (I still have no idea why that is).

I know this is not ideal but have you tried 123.456.789.0/24?

I swear, I did that previously… But that seems to work. I’ll have to play with it a bit more to see if I can recreate what I did earlier. I know I tried a LOT of different ways, including the notation you indicated (I may or may not have had the .0 in there though…

I tried some with both “0.0/16” and “0/24” and it does work.

Not having the IPs show makes it a bit like working in the dark with eyes closed and takes a lot more effort to do what should be a simple moderating task. But it will be possible to do a work-around to make up for the set-back.

Now if we can get Mods to understand at least basic CIDR we should be OK

Yeah, that is being problematic for me right now. I feel like I have to jump through a lot of hoops right now.

That’s the kicker right there. :smile:

1 Like