Self topic/reply shows up as unread

Unfortunately I don’t have exact steps to reproduce - entirely random when it comes up. Have had a few users come up and say they’ve had topics they just posted in show up in their unread/notifications. Various browsers, no obvious firewall rules or plugins - one member going so far as to use a stock install for a while just to test.
Up to date chrome install >v100 (that I can test) and it’s totally random whenever a reply will result in going back to the category view and seeing Topic name(1) last post by: selfUserName.

I even had it happen here on meta with my Backup Schedules post. Unfortunately I didn’t screenshot in time. I clicked into the topic quickly thinking someone had replied to me very quickly, but it was in fact my reply.

1 Like

This sounds similar to this topic - Bottom of topic shows "There is 1 unread remaining" when there are actually 0 unread topics remaining. If so, I believe someone is looking into it and will hopefully have a fix soon. :crossed_fingers: :slight_smile:

1 Like

That does seem very similar behaviour - just we only notice it for self-replies because then it’s really clear that it shouldn’t be unread in the first place.

2 Likes

No worries. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll close this one off in favour of the other one. :+1:

2 Likes