Send all cases of user typed too fast to the review queue

No, that setting is still on default 3000ms.
Why should I change it? I can perfectly imagine that people use google translate paste it in the translator and press enter, therefore I do not see any reason to play around with this setting.

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough with my question.

min_first_post_typing_time helptext eplains:

Minimum amount of time in milliseconds a user must type during first post, if threshold is not met post will automatically enter the needs approval queue.

I understand it like this: Each and every time the threshhold is not met, the post will enter the review queue, without exceptions.

What I have seen under “Staff Actions”: Every now and then a user is silenced by system for typing too fast, but there are no signs of this user in the review queue.

That’s my point. I’d like to understand why the majority of users who are typing too fast go to the review queue, while some of them do not go to the review queue.

My expectation is that independant of the min_first_post_typing_time value, be it 1 second or 60 seconds, if a posting does not meet the threshhold, it goes to the review queue, no exceptions. What I see in reality is different.

2 Likes