Hi! I’ve been trying to get Discourse up and running (armed only with Google and no real knowledge of Ubuntu or anything else). The page is up and running, but when I try and register as the admin, I don’t receive the email.
So far, I’ve:
- Created a Droplet on Digital Ocean
- Set up Discourse via the Droplet Console
- Created a Sendgrid API and Reverse DNS
- Verified Sender Identity and Authenticated Domain
I should also say:
- I’m running on 2525 because I read that it fixed the problem for a lot of people. It hasn’t in my case, so I’m assuming I’m missing something simple.
- Username is “apikey”, so it’s not that error either
Despite all of the above, SendGrid isn’t sending out emails. I ran Discourse-Doctor, and this is what I got:
I also tested with having the emails delivered to a mail-tester address as suggested, but no luck with that either.
TELNET did indicate that the 2525 port is open and that my API key is valid, but I keep getting a 550 error. My hunch is that this is caused by the same underlying issue affecting the Discourse email. But I literally know nothing about this, so I could be way off.
This is the discourse site: www.learn.theterrain.io
Thank you in advance!