Set up Telegram integration using the discourse-chat-integration plugin

I tried logging in with a different browser, and nothing shows:

(no settings were changed)

Weird

Update: it worked by trying on my iPhone

Do you have any kind of ad blocker on your desktop? We’ve seen problems before where having the Discourse Ads plugin enabled can cause ad blockers to block this part of the admin UI.

1 Like

Yes, that could be it…

Anyways, I have another issue to bring up about the telegram integration.

My username on my test site is “Michael” — when Telegram sends the alert about a new post from me on the test forum, the notification reads @michael posted in [Topic] and the username in the Telegram message links directly to the user @michael on Telegram, who of course is some random person. (same for @system). This is a dealbreaker for this integration!

Do we generally have any control over the template/format of the messages in Telegram? I’m also not into the monospace font for the content

Thanks!

1 Like

Yup, it can be customized! Check out this guide for details:

If you modify the message template to wrap the username in backticks (`) then I think that should stop the auto-linking.

3 Likes

Hello, David Taylor! I have a question: telegram introduced threads in groups and a new parameter in sendMessage method, will you support it to send a message not just to the chat, but specifically to the thread?

Hi David, the plugin is amazing! I already set it up for Discord and it’s working fine on Telegram as well. I just would like to figure out how to remove the username tag.
I tried adding the backticks, but this doesn’t solve the issue. Did I add them to the right place?

Running into this error when I try to test.

Other posts responses here suggested that the force_https setting needed to be enabled. However I don’t seem to be able to find that setting anywhere.

What am I missing?