We are attempting to use the SAML plugin: https://github.com/discourse/discourse-saml to add support for SAML logins with ADFS. However, I don’t seem to be getting very far. I would gladly write up a more details how-to for other folks once I get a better handle on this process.
Currently my biggest issue is I can’t get the “Login with SAML” button to appear.
Here are my more detailed questions about the process:
- All the SAML setup is done through the app.yml, correct? There are no real /admin settings or changes that are needed or should be used?
- The SAML settings in app.yml settings should be in the
- Double quotes (") should be used around the DISCOURSE_SAML_CERT_FINGERPRINT and the DISCOURSE_SAML_CERT values in the app.yml?
- Should DISCOURSE_SAML_CERT include the BEGIN/END CERTIFICATE header/footer?
- Should the certificate DISCOURSE_SAML_CERT all be on one line or should there be line breaks?
- Is the DISCOURSE_SAML_AUTO_CREATE_ACCOUNT required to be set to TRUE or 1 in order for the login with SAML button to appear? There seemed to be another post on meta that seemed to suggest that it was required.
- What logs should I be looking at to determine why the button might not be appearing?
Thanks for any assistance. To be clear, we’ve added the plugin, adjusted app.yml settings and rebuilt and it the button isn’t appearing. The plugin does show that it is installed in /admin/plugins so I feel like I’ve got the basics right, but obviously seem to be missing something importantt and I’m not having much luck finding documentation on the process.