Sharing retention data (Google Analytics cohort analysis)

(Charles Walter) #1

Not sure if there’s an appropriate category for discussing performance data (perhaps UX), but was curious to hear what others have found.

We seem to do a good job at attracting website visitors, but it very difficult for us to get them to come back (or register). Would anyone else be interested in sharing their weekly cohort analysis report from Google Analytics for benchmarking purposes?

Note that in week 1 after first vist, we see roughly 1/40 users coming back to the site. By week 7, we see less than 1/200 users coming back.

This very well may be expected behavior for communities, but would love to see what others are seeing, and any ideas for improving these metrics.

(DiscourseMetrics.com) #2

Hi @charleswalter!

Here’s mine:

I have higher retention, but I think the numbers will depend a lot on what type of forum you have.

Here’s my chart of user growth this year.

As you can see, I did something in that doubled my signup rate overnight in February. I’m sharing how I did it and many more tips on how to increase engagement and retention in my free newsletter at discoursemetrics.com (use the form on the right side of the page).

I’m still working on growing engagement by trying different things, but I think I’m on the right path:

(Get this and many other charts for your own community at DiscourseMetrics.com)

(Jaime Tatsubana) #3

here’s ours. Don’t want to tell the website since it’s not relevant to this forum at all, but it’s a soccer stats site.