Show how many thanks a post gathered?

I’d like to appreciate someone because she or he wrote a nice post which can help me a lot and I want to say thanks :heart: sincerely. So is there any feature can list how many thanks a post collected? This feature is a little bit different from like :heart: . Like is often used to show our (readers) emotion to a post or a topic, Like just comes out of sort of instant emotion, it’s kind of “superficial”; and Thanks would be used to express our sincere appreciation, I want to thank YOU because you wrote this post and it enlightens me. and therefor I want to say thanks from the deep of my heart. So maybe can someone make a component possible?

Thanks a lot!!!
Selection_450

2 Likes

If you feel that strongly about it, isn’t the highest compliment a detailed reply that explains why the post was so inspiring, with specifics?

4 Likes

Hmmm, a detailed reply would be great, but from the other readers point of view, if they just want to read the content and would not to participate in the detailed discussion. And if there is a button there waiting for a click, they’d still like to click it to show their appreciation. Time saved, and Thanks delivered. That’s why all the social media putting all the buttons there. From the poster point of view, she or he collects Thanks as received “awards?”, which is truly heart warming and encourages her or him to post more good posts. Just like the like button does, more social?

1 Like

Maybe you want Retort - a reaction-style plugin for Discourse

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your recommendation :smiley: .

2 Likes