Show topic-map without a reply

Is there a way to show the topic-map even if there is no reply? We are using many wiki threads and there are rarely replies but the statistics right in the thread would be nice anyway.

Thanks, in advance.

4 Likes

+1. I was setting up a wiki-like site, and spent nearly a day breaking my head, unsuccessfully searching a lot of forum posts and trying to search in GitHub on whether the topic map was a separate widget or plugin that needs to be installed. Only after reading this post, I realized that a reply was all that was needed.

I’m not an UX expert, but turning it on by default for all posts would make it:

• Make those statistics available (there are more useful stats there beyond just the responses)
  • Makes UX uniform throughout the site, no special behavior for topics with responses
  • Avoid some discoverability issues (like my dumb case)
3 Likes

Is someone found a solution for this?

1 Like

The hacky solution to this is to make a whisper post. That seems to make the topic-map appear.

4 Likes

I just attempted to solve this by closing those posts, where this is missing. An option to always show the widget would certainly be better.

4 Likes

Hi there,

I also would like to explictly and humbly signal a strong interest in seeing topic-maps even on the bottom of single-topic posts, i.e. topics without any (regular) replies.

Can we make this feature request resonate with you in any way?

2 Likes

Is the view count what most people are after? On a topic with a single post all the other stats are visible within the post itself.

Lots of useless info here:

6 Likes

Hi Kris,

Yes, exactly.

When looking at this again in this scenario, you are right! It is probably the view count only that we miss very much.

Background: On our forums at https://community.hiveeyes.org/ and https://community.panodata.org/, we have a few pages having only a single post (often Wiki pages with DiscoTOC), which are apparently quite popular. On them, we would like to be able to see the number of total visitors in order to know about their popularities in a more quantified detail.

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve also had user requests to see the view count on topics with 0 replies.

2 Likes

There’s some useful info in this post that would help with this:

1 Like