Show Total Topics/Replies in /categories

(Mei) #1

Instead of showing daily and weekly counts of topics in each category (in the /categories view), is it possible to show the total topics AND replies? I feel like this is the standard with most other forum software (although I know Discourse is pretty special :slight_smile: )

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I believe the information is there, not sure, can you check @techapj?

(Mei) #3

Thanks for checking on this @codinghorror! I scoured the forum for any similar threads and couldn’t find anything in my forum settings. Not sure if I’m just missing something really obvious.

At any rate, I took a couple of screenshots to avoid any miscommunications.

First screenshot is my Discourse forum on the /categories page. Instead of 1/week and 1/month I’d prefer to just show total lifetime topics and replies/individual posts in this category. See second screenshot for a different forum example.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

What I mean is that the info is available in the JSON payload that the page is built from. It’s just not displayed.

(Arpit Jalan) #5

Yes, the info is indeed available in JSON payload under topic_count. But not shown anywhere in UI.

Is there a setting for this in the admin?

My forum was showing total count which was great and I just updated and now half the categories are showing the 1/month.

My forum is not so active but has a ton of posts, this kinda makes it look empty.

Thanks