Show Total Topics/Replies in /categories

Instead of showing daily and weekly counts of topics in each category (in the /categories view), is it possible to show the total topics AND replies? I feel like this is the standard with most other forum software (although I know Discourse is pretty special :slight_smile: )

I believe the information is there, not sure, can you check @techapj?

Thanks for checking on this @codinghorror! I scoured the forum for any similar threads and couldn’t find anything in my forum settings. Not sure if I’m just missing something really obvious.

At any rate, I took a couple of screenshots to avoid any miscommunications.

First screenshot is my Discourse forum on the /categories page. Instead of 1/week and 1/month I’d prefer to just show total lifetime topics and replies/individual posts in this category. See second screenshot for a different forum example.

What I mean is that the info is available in the JSON payload that the page is built from. It’s just not displayed.

Yes, the info is indeed available in JSON payload under topic_count. But not shown anywhere in UI.

1 Like

Is there a setting for this in the admin?

My forum was showing total count which was great and I just updated and now half the categories are showing the 1/month.

My forum is not so active but has a ton of posts, this kinda makes it look empty.

Thanks

2 Likes