I read an online forum which is unbelievably badly moderated. Or probably not moderated at all. I’ve reached a point of no return, and I’m seriously considering gathering with some users there to create a new forum. I’m evaluating Discourse. I’d need to know some facts:
- for clarity, we need to provide users of the old forum with the ability to subscribe to the new one while keeping their username; what would be the best way to achieve this? Can it be achieved at all if I enable social log in?
- are there features to limit double accounts, such as banning emails and social accounts?
- is there support to understand if there are clones writing (ie. same person writing under two different accounts)?
- can users be blocked for a period of time?
I’ll probably come up with other questions in the coming days.
- can editing a post be disabled, or at least limited to a very short timeframe?