Silencing users with <1m read time

I’m still fighting SPAM. Many hundreds of fake accounts being created. All with <1m read time. The users try to post a spam topic, but I do require post approval for new users until they reach a certain trust level.

I want to run a query that will silence users with <1m read time but where is it stored? I don’t see it in the user table. What is the best way to do this?

I started with this silence users that hadn’t posted since 2017.

UPDATE users
SET silenced_till = '3019-02-01 13:00:00'
WHERE last_seen_at >= '2013-01-01' 
AND last_seen_at <= '2017-12-31'
RETURNING id, username_lower
2 Likes

What kind of spam are you seeing? Are you using Akismet?

1 Like

Yup, and it isn’t catching this.

It posts where they start out talking about the topic, but then change to things like “hire is for moving”, “research papers for cheap”, etc. I obviously delete these users, but more just keep cropping up.

1 Like

Over what time period are these being created? How many per day?

One simple thing to try is restrict new topic creation to TL1. This forces them into replying versus creating a new topic.

Over what time period? 1 day? 1 week? Can you provide more specific examples.

1 Like

Per week.

I do this already, but then they just start replying to topics with their SPAM.

No, in the same post.

I’ll post some examples

2 Likes

Yes, we need a lot more specifics.

@codinghorror Thanks. I will start posting examples as they come in:

Example 1:

Not at all like different papers in common administration mains tests, exposition paper is actually simple to score marks. In any case, just on the off chance that you realize how to do it in the precise way! While perusing for GS papers and discretionary papers, you may complete pretty much every book. This perusing propensity is required for composing the article. The main thing which remains is the composition expertise which is expected to make a decent article. We as a whole realize that there must be an introduction, body, and end. In any case, for what reason is there such variety in the imprints that applicants at long last get? Does it happen as a result of the expertise in the English language? Or then again does it happen in light of the substance or absence of it? Or on the other hand is there any alternate way which some know and some don't? The appropriate response is "these" and no doubt a lot more factors. The most ideal approach to thrashing such issues is to rehearse a ton before composing the expositions in the test. In the event that we do as such, the great and terrible sides of our composition style can be discovered. See here to [url=https://mightyessays.com/]buy essays[/url].
It is hence that we have made an Essay Test arrangement. Obviously who else is more adept to direct this than individuals who have really experienced it! You can discover around 20 article subjects from the previous year's inquiry papers. Consider great statements and focuses to fill in each theme. Make an arrangement of the paper. It ought to be arranged in right request. Great and clear penmanship has additional imprints. The GS answers and papers ought to be written in positive soul. Silly analysis of government strategies and individuals ought to be sidestepped at any expense. 

It seems to me akismet should pick up the spam URL in that reply.

It picks up maybe 2 out of 41 :slight_smile: