Site inaccessible after rebuilding to latest version

Hi,

I just rebuilt the container. The rebuilding completed and seemed to have gone fine. I updated from 2.1.xx to the latest 2.3.xx. Afterwards when I try to access the forum, all it says is

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://www.hungryonion.org/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

The container started. Site doesn’t run in safe mode. Nor can I load the sidekiq page. Rebuilding without plugins yields the same result.

CPU usage is consistently at or near 100% after rebuilding.

Any ideas? I have never encountered this before. The site is hosted on Digital Ocean.

Does skipping rebuilding for many versions have something to do with this issue?

Never mind. User error. During the long period of time I hadn’t rebuilt, I edited the app.yml a few times, including commenting out the few let’s encrypt line items. Reverting those changes brought the site back. thanks.

3 Likes

The high CPU could have been the forced rebake of all posts with images as part of a recent upgrade migration:

3 Likes

This post is timely. I have been wondering where some of the images went. Thanks!

2 Likes