Static content on Category main page

I am curious if there is a way to show static content on the main page of a category.

For example, on this forum: You see how it has all the topics and the links to the topics. But it doesn’t show snippets of text other than the clickable title?

Whereas Discourse has this: (Note the highlighted section)

What I’m looking to accomplish is to have pinned content at the top of each category that I can sculpt/optimize (for both users and SEO) and I’m hoping I can control how much of it there is (or in an even more perfect world use some basic makeup)

Is this a setting somewhere in Discourse? Is this only for the about this forum post?

1 Like

I think I might have just answered my own question - I was logged in, but when I log out and go incognito, I do see the about content there (DOY)

Well, that’s good!

But next question, could I show more content under “each” post (not just the first pinned one / about post) or is this exclusive to the about / pinned post?)

Kind of like this REALLY LAME mockup (don’t judge me) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For pinned posts the excerpt is shown by default. It seems the post is not pinned for you anymore. You can change that in your settings Discourse Meta - The Official Support Forum for Discourse Automatically unpin topics when I reach the bottom. and you can also change the default for all your users.
There is a theme-component to show an excerpt for all posts.

1 Like

Excellent,this is EXACTLY what I was looking for :Enabling Excerpts for unpinned posts" - sending to the team. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.