Granted, reproducing the issue requires a lot of “ifs” but I suspect it might not be all that rare. Because I am not using an ad blocker, I can’t test static pages, so I am only reporting what someone experienced with the SitePoint FAQ page.
- if a forum has a top banner ad as implemented by SitePoint and
- if a visitor has an ad blocker and
- if the visitor decides to block the ad and
- if the ad blocker offers “.container:nth-of-type(1)” as a filter and
- if the visitor selects that filter
the ad is blocked as desired on most forum pages
when going to the FAQ page, the page content is not displayed.
My thinking is that having an empty element with a container class would be the easiest fix, but maybe not?