Still getting notifications from muted user in mailing list mode

(Yichao Yu) #1

I have a user muted on discourse.julialang.org but I’m still getting notifications from his reply on some(all?) posts.

Below are all the non-empty notification related settings that I have, apart from the one muted user not included in the screenshot.

I’ve seen Muted staff users still show notifications and this doesn’t seem to be the same issue since the user I’m muting is a normal user

@vchuravy

Onslaught of notifications
(Jeff Atwood) #2

@zogstrip can you have a look at this?

(Leah Kramer) #3

Howdy folks. I just had a user bring up the same issue (which led me to this thread here).

She’s got her settings set to receive an email for every post and she has muted a couple of people but are still getting emails from them when they post.

(I’m also trying reproduce this myself with her exact settings but it may take a couple of days for me to be able to reproduce it.)

(Jeff Atwood) #4

So this is specific to mailing list mode and almost certainly a bug @zogstrip

(Leah Kramer) #5

In case this helps, I was just able to reproduce the bug that our user reported. Steps: Mute a user and you still get the individual emails when they post.

Thanks!

(Régis Hanol) #6

It was indeed a bug specific to mailing list mode. It’s now fixed :banana:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/664feca199cf1f4c76945a48a4d5b964de7d064d

(Régis Hanol) #7

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.