Strip down Discourse Hosted - paid

What would you like done?

I am trying to strip down a hosted version of discourse to make it pathetically easy to use (for members, not admins). Think nextdoor like simple. I have seen other posts that bring up replacing facebook groups/nextdoor with discourse, and this is similar to those discussions.

I have 70 geographic areas that I created separate groups for, assigned users to those groups, and have built the same six categories under each of them. Unless I assign the same users to multiple groups, I’d like it to appear that the forums are only for that area.

by example, when creating a new topic, users see \root name\For Sale or Trade, I’d like to eliminate the \root name.

When do you need it done?

yesterday of course, or maybe within the next 30 days.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

$1k to get close, and an hourly rate of anything reasonable going forward. Please note that I run several companies, and I may not respond for a few days.

Mods, if this post is in violation of any guidelines my apologies and let me know what I need to change.

Can you set up categories at the top-level with the same name, but with different security settings to get there?

As for the rest of what you’re looking to do, I’m not sure I fully grasp the technicals, but I’m sure I could help in some way. If you want to pursue a custom solution, you can email me here: hello@procourse.co.

1 Like

email sent this afternoon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.